Large Pores Treatment in NYC, Manhattan & Queens
Large pores are a common complaint. In some cases, large pores may be an early warning sign of acne. So, if you’re looking for the easiest way to prevent skin blemishes, that means addressing the issue of large pores – and the sooner, the better.
What Causes Large Pores?
For the most part, the size of your pores is inherited, so there’s not much you can do about that. But there are certain conditions that can make your pores – whatever their inherent size – become larger. These include:
- Oily skin – Excess oil can make your pores appear larger and may contribute to the pores becoming clogged, which can lead to acne and skin blemishes.
- Lost skin elasticity – When your skin loses its elasticity, it is unable to “snap back” to its original size after being stretched. Thus, when pores become clogged with oil and debris, they may stretch and appear larger than before. Skin loses its elasticity over time, as well as due to damage from sun exposure and toxins.
- Clogged pores – Pores that are blocked by an accumulation of dirt, makeup, dead skin cells, and oil will naturally appear larger, especially if blackheads, whiteheads, or pimples are present, as well.
How You Can Minimize Large Pores
There are ways you can reduce the appearance of large pores. They includes:
- Exfoliation. Removing debris from your skin can keep it looking bright, tight, and smooth. The frequency and type of exfoliation you choose may depend on whether you have oily skin, if you have sensitive skin, as well as personal preferences. Ask your Glamoi Med Spa consultant about the best exfoliant for you.
- Try professional facial treatments. In some cases, you may wish to try micro needling or laser resurfacing to minimize the appearance of large pores.
- Follow your daily face-cleansing routine. Washing your skin twice a day will go a long way toward keeping your pores free from getting clogged and looking as small as possible. Removing makeup nightly is important to help prevent pore blockages. Ask the aesthetic providers at Glamoi about which products, including those with retinoids, would help treat your large pores.
- Avoid over-treating the skin. If you’re exfoliating, using masks, or removing oil from your face too often, it could irritate your skin, which could actually cause your pores to grow larger.
- Use sunscreen. Sun damage can lead to the loss of collagen and elastin from the skin, which means your skin may become dry, damaged, and less elastic – all of which can make your pores appear larger.
Contact Our Medical Spa in Manhattan & Queens, NY
For more information about how to reduce the appearance of large pores, call Glamoi Med Spa at (212) 433-4526 or request an appointment now. We look forward to serving you at one of our two convenient locations in Manhattan and Queens, New York.